So, what *did* I enjoy and why?
Peach Blueberry Shake from Silver Diner
- it had chunks of fresh, local blueberries and peaches embedded in a thick yogurt shake;
- it came with a straw so thick that I could suck said chunks of fresh fruit out; and
- I didn't even have to get out of my car to pick it up, pay for it & devour it. (Silver Diner, in addition to using fresh, local ingredients whenever possible, also has curbside pick up! Win.)
[NOTE: Word on the Twitter Street via @Pete_Eats is that they had these at the Mount Pleasant Market also - try em out!]
Watermelon, Feta & Black Olive Salad (on the seasonal menu) from Zaytinya
- This is the meal I wanted to make for myself, but was too lazy to go get the ingredients for;
- As a result, I spent a bit more money but got to meet Sebastian the bartender, hang out with my friend Caroline and drink a pitcher of Pom Fili. (More on that after the jump!)
- Try this one at home. All you do is toss the ingredients together with whatever greens are fresh - Zaytinya used watercress today - and crack a little salt & pepper over the top!
Click "Read More" for the Pom Fili scoop!