Meet IkeHere's a round up of what looks awesome ahead...
- BLT's 5 @ 5 Happy Hour: Drinks and eats like fried oysters and truffled grilled cheese for $5 each Monday-Friday from 5:00 - 6:30pm!
- November is the 2nd birthday of CulinAerie, our local cooking class mecca. Celebrate by taking Intro to Kitchen Basics on the 8th, Channel Your Inner Julia Child on the 13th or Thanksgiving Food & Wine Pairing on the 18th.
- You can meet your favorite food bloggers (other than me bc I'll be talking Twitter at AU... see below) at the Food Blogger November Happy Hour at Northside Social on the 3rd.
- I'm participating in a Twitter 101 panel on November 3rd at American University. Throw me some softball questions.
- Johnny's Half Shell is hosting Dinner & a Movie on November 4th, including turkey and all the fixins should you want to start your Thanksgiving early.
- Capital Food Fight on November 11th is sold out already! Fine... I slacked and didn't get mine. If you're in the same boat you can join the wait list.
- Dinner with Bourbon Steak's Chef Michael Mina on November 12:
- Lyon Hall's Pumpkin A Farm Dinner on November 14: five courses featuring pumpkins and ingredients from three local farms.
- Three of our farmers markets close for winter season in November... White House on the 18th, Annapolis on the 21st and Foggy Bottom on the 24th. Get to these markets while you still can! They are overflowing with squashes, pumpkins and other fall vegetables that are great for cooking dinners and holiday baking.
- Miriam's Kitchen (organization providing free meals to over 4,000 of DC's homeless people per year) needs coffee. They go through 50 pounds a week and are in dire need of more as the cold weather descends. E me or tweet me of you have coffee you can donate. I'm volunteering there next Friday and can coordinate a drop off. And, join Ike and me November 20th at the 13rd Annual Help the Homeless Walkathon.
Yes ;-) the release of Today's Special featuring The Daily Show’s Aasif Mandvi. To celebrate the release, they are doing a "movie and a mixer' event (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=155822234454074&index=1) on nov. 19th. Movie will be shown at E street, mixer at Josephine. The previews for the foodie-friendly movie look awesome! Sadly, I'll have to wait a bit to see it... I'll be on a jet-plane to Paris that exact night ;-)
Well, let's be honest, I'd rather be en route to Paris!
Always love BLT, but the 5 @ 5 deal sounds great! Thanks as always for the heads up!
Post a Comment