The answer is... pumpkin cupcakes with nutmeg-buttercream frosting and candy corn toppers for today's Proper Swap event at Proper Topper Georgetown!
Pumpkin Cupcake Ingredients
Adapted from MarthaStewart.com
Makes 50 mini cupcakes or 12-18 regular cupcakes (I doubled the recipe for more)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin pie mix
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- cupcake liners and cupcake pan
- Melt butter and then place in refrigerator to chill.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cooled butter and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients, whisk to blend.
- Add pumpkin mix, whisk to blend.
- Fill each cupcake liner with batter about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake until tops spring back when pressed. Should be about 20-25 minutes depending on the size cupcakes you are baking.
- Remove and rest on wire racks to cool before frosting.
- Frost with buttercream (I used the recipe from Food Network but added a pinch of nutmeg to compliment the pumpkin) and top with a candy corn. [FAST TRACK: If you're rushed for time, you can just add a pinch of nutmeg to whipped vanilla frosting.]