Now that I'm moving back to the District, I've started having a little nostalgia for my 'hood. Here are a few things I'm gonna miss about my sojourn across the river:
- Yes, it's bereft of any charm whatsoever, but my apartment building has free coffee in the lobby every day and a pool on the roof.
- Two words: Rebel Heroes. Get the tofu banh mi.
|Rebel Heroes: Tofu Banh Mi Sandwich|
- Two words, again: District Taco. Breakfast tacos or veggie tacos are my choices. And, it's District only in name... for now.
- The Arlington Farmers Market. It has pretty much the same vendors as the Dupont Circle Farmers Market, plus an antiques and craft fair. Every Saturday.
- Spider Kelly's. I love your burgers, your cardiac mac-n-cheese, and your giant chopped salad. I'll even come back and visit, if you promise to bring back the banana pudding.
- South Moon Under. I visited you many times for an outfit that night and you rarely disappointed. Many friends of mine also benefitted from your huge section of cute, affordable gifts.
- Bake Shop. It's well documented that I'm slightly smitten with this joint. And I promise, it has a lot to do with the oatmeal creme pies, cupcakes and salted oatmeal cookies. Not just, ya know, the other thing.
- Sisters 3 Epilation & Lingerie Boutique. Leave it to three Greek sisters to know a lil' something about hair removal. Yes, TMI, but girl's they are GOOD. I wouldn't trust this task to just anyone. And they carry really cute gifts for bachelorette parties... or your lingerie drawers.
- Screwtop Wine Bar & Cheese Shop. Especially in the fall, I love cozying up to the bar with a nice flight of reds and the grilled cheese sliders (shaped like hearts).