But, that doesn't mean I haven't seen a TON of things I wish I was making and eating. Here's a round up of the recipes that are just begging for summer eating:
- Fish Tacos with Creamy Lime Guacamole & Cabbage Slaw via Food & Wine
- Grilled Panzanella Salad via The Bitten Word
- Vegetarian Tacos with Spinach, Corn & Goat Cheese via Real Simple
- Oyamel's Stuffed Squash Blossoms via Washingtonian
- Smashed White Bean & Avocado Club Sandwiches via Real Simple
@EatThisNotThat's Grilled Watermelon Salad
Cut watermelon into cubes. Rub w olive oil & grill. Toss w/ arugula, goat cheese, more olive oil & balsamic vinegar!
Joe's Jersey Summer Corn & Peach Salsa
1 ear Jersey corn cobbed
1 scallion (green only)
1 tbs cilantro
2 tomatoes diced fine
1 white peach diced fine
Quarter lemon juiced
Toss ingredients and let it sit for about 30 min in the fridge. Serve with pita or tortilla chips.
It all sounds great. I enjoy imaginary cooking, too. Sometimes the reality doesn't measure up, but then sometimes it turns out fabulous. That salsa sounds especially good. Happy belated Birthday.
Thanks so much! It was a good bday week. Gluttony and friends. ;)
Post a Comment