Food Challege: Avocado, Mango & Watermelon Summer Salad
You may recll my recent post from Whole Foods where I picked up watermelon, avocado and mangos - with no plan about what the heck to do with them.
I ended up using a salad entree that I got at Houston's in LA as inspiration and whipped up this colorful, sweet and spicy salad that is perfect for a summer BBQ or healthy lunch.
Here's what went into it:
- Half a medium watermelon, cubed
- small handful of cilantro, chopped
- one mango, cubed
- 3 small cucumbers, sliced (1/2 inch sized)
- 2 avocados, cubed
- half a red pepper, diced
- quarter of red onion, diced
- quarter cup of feta, crumbled
Sprinkle with balsamic vinagrette and toss. Add salt and pepper to taste.