Farmers Market Challenge: Sweet Corn, Green Beans, Local Feta
I decided to whip it into tonight's dinner by combining it with the grape tomatoes I had in the refrigerator from Whole Foods. here was the "recipe" (aka winging it) that I followed:
1. Boiled the ear of corn for 7 minutes in husk.
2. Trim edges off green beans tossed them in the boiling water with the corn for another 2 minutes.
3. Remove corn (remove niblets from the cobb after cooking) and green beans from water and immerse them in an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
4. Halve a handful of grape tomatoes and toss them in the ice bath with the corn and beans.
5. Let it sit for a minute and then pour strain into a serving bowl.
6. Crumble feta on top and tossed with a splash of olive oil and balsamic vinegrette, and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Toss & enjoy!
Time from start to table: about 15 minutes (not counting waiting for the water to boil)
Penn Quarter Farmers Market, Thursdays from 3-7 at 8th and E NW, Washington, DC.